Monday, January 20, 2014

Lena Dunham's Vogue Spread...C'mon!

I have to say, I really like Lena Dunham.  She's real, she's spunky, she's intelligent, and she deserves her success. I'm not a fan of Girls, but I'm way (cough) out of the target age demographic for the show. I tried it, but her boyfriend's character just gives me the willies.

The uproar over Lena's Vogue spread is everywhere this morning...and thanks to Jezebel, we can see a dissection of the original and photoshopped photos here.

I'm not a consistent reader of Vogue, but always grab it at the hair salon and like most of us, enjoy looking at pretty pictures.  I honestly find it surprising that ANYONE would think that there is even ONE photo in Vogue that HASN'T been photoshopped.  Why is this news, and why are we picking on Lena?  Supposedly because she says she's fine with herself the way she is?  That has nothing to do with  it...it's a Vogue spread!  It's fantasy, it's editorial, it's not real.  Everyone knows that.

Jezebel is just being shitty.  They could run the same article on anyone that appears in a Vogue spread, and we could pick them apart just the same.  C'mon!

What little I've heard of Lena's comments on this issue sound like she has her head on straight.  I hope she had a blast doing the shoot and I hope she got paid a shitload of money to do it.

2 comments:

  1. i think that every photo in those magazines or websites are photoshopped. that's just the nature of the business, no?

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda


    ReplyDelete
  2. we have hbo on demand now, and i've started watching girls. as much as i hated the first few episodes, i kept hearing about how it was so great so i gave it another try. actually, it's hilarious and fun. the boyfriend is a super creep, i agree, and i cringe at scenes involving him, but the rest is super.

    ReplyDelete